Puppy STAR Class and Test Task Card Pack
The Puppy STAR is an brand new program from the American Kennel Club aimed to help dog owners and their puppies off to a fantastic start. The Puppy STAR Program is like an incentive program for new puppy owners who have taken the time to take their puppies through a basic training class. When working towards your Puppy STAR test tasks include socialization with people and other dogs/puppies, walking on a leash, and more traditional tasks like sit, down, and recall. Training for the Puppy STAR test and class will help prepare a dog and owner for the Canine Good Citizen test when their puppy gets older. There are 15 specific task cards make up the Puppy Training Tasks Pack (4 cards of each task.) There are 61 cards in total:
- 1 Header Card
- Walking on a Leash in a Straight Line Cards
- Non-Aggressive Behavior Towards People Cards
- Tolerates Being Pet by a Person Other Than the Owner Cards
- Come when Called from 5 Feet Away Cards
- Tolerates Wearing a Collar or Body Harness Cards
- Reactions to Distractions - 15 Feet Away Cards
- Non-Aggressive Behavior Towards Other Dogs/Puppies Cards
- Down on Command Cards
- Tolerates Owner Taking Toy/Treat Away Cards
- Sit on Command Cards
- Grooming with Brief Exam Cards
- Tolerating Holding or Hugging by the Owner Cards
- Stay on Leash While Being Held by Another Person Cards
- Walking on Leash by Distraction People Cards
- Play!! Cards
** please note, there are no exercise descriptions on the back of task pack cards.** For more information on why, please visit this Tasks FAQ.
Train 'Em Task cards are printed on recycled, 24 lb. white paper and laminated with 3mm sheets. They are the same size as a traditional business card (3.375" long and 2.1875" long) Train 'Em Task cards are packed in ivory colored, sheer organza drawstring bag.
Shipping overages are refunded on multiple item orders when applicable...so if you have any questions about shipping, please feel free to ask.
How to use the Train 'Em Tasks system:
The task cards are to be used with the Train 'Em Tasks linen grab bags. To make your daily training game plan, pull a couple of task cards from your grab bag and train those exercises. For obedience I might pull 3 - 5 cards and work each exercise for 5 - 10 minutes depending on the task. For agility, I will pull two task cards and pick drills, sequences, or a course that will work those tasks. After you have completed your tasks, you can put them back into your bag or set them side until your bag is empty. That way, you can make sure you and your dog work all of your tasks (I personally have a separate bag for spent tasks.)